How to adjust sound recording setting for Conexant audio driver?
Modified on: Sat, 2 Feb, 2019 at 8:14 PM
- For Windows 7 & 8 users, double click the External Microphone of Conexant SmartAudio HD.
- For Windows 10 users: under Input, make sure you see External Microphone (Conexant SmartAudio HD) as the input device, then click Device properties.
Windows 7 & 8 Windows 10
- Drag Microphone slider to 100
- Drag Microphone Boost slider to +12.0 dB (if visible)
Important: make sure microphone is NOT muted.
Picture below shows the microphone is muted. Unmute by clicking the icon .
Click Listen > Uncheck Listen to this device.
- Select 2 channel, 16 bit, 44100HZ (CD Quality) from the drop-down menu. If this selection is unavailable, keep the default format.
- Uncheck Enable audio enhancements (if visible)
Click OK. Your adjustment is complete!
Lastly, click the attachment below to listen to a 6-second audio and get a sense of what good quality recording sounds like. You are all set and ready to launch PitchVantage!
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.